Thursday, April 27, 2006

Amazement

I am so absolutely amazed about how things are going with my art.

Karen Musgrave is almost finished with her on-line interview of me for the Quilt Alliance SOS. Why they chose to do me is beyond my comprehension but I sure am having fun doing it. I have a captive audience and she just keeps saying nice things about whatever it is that I dribble on with. Since I read Virginia's I feel like I am suffering from terminal diarrhea of the mouth. This goes along with the surprise when someone (a guild) is willing to pay me big dollars to talk about myself for an hour! Can life get any better?!!

Well, yes it can!


When I got home from taking my dad out and about, my husband indicated that the Textile Center in Minneapolis had called to tell me than they wouldn' t be able to return my quilt, Cross Roads 8, the Passion, to me. It took a minute for it to sink in. They sold it!

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

And the beat goes on.... yeah, for you.

Sonji Hunt said...

Wowza, Liz! You ARE superfantastic. Congrats on selling this piece. I am off right now to read the interview and I must also say that I love the pictures of piles of your work. Now THAT is something juicy to sift through. BEAUTIOUS. I have missed so much during my "time off". Also...love the piece for Fiberart for a Cause Reverse Auction. Yummy candy. You surely deserve all the acclaim and good things.

Diane Doran said...

Congratulations, Liz! You're on a roll!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

WOOOOHOOOOO what a run! SOS, QNM, sales, lecture fees...way to go girl! You are an inspiration, and I'd sure be happy to hear you talk about your work. I'd sure be happy to SEE your work in the real!

Let the good times continue to roll!
Cheers, Sarah