Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Count Down to May 5

Collage Mania is coming to town! Virginia Spiegel has raised money for the American Cancer Society. I am happy to report that I have been able to help in that effort by providing numerous fabric postcards for sale, a piece in the reverse auction, purchasing other's works and now, Collage Mania.


Collage Mania

Monday, May 5, 2008 starting at 9 a.m. CST
All collages available for a minimum donation of $80.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 starting at 9 a.m. CST
All collages available for a minimum donation of $40.

Information about her efforts over the years are as follows:

Fiberart Raises Record Amount for American Cancer Society

Fiberart For A Cause, an international effort by fiber artists and patrons, was recently recognized as the #2 fundraiser in the nation for the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life in 2007.

Fiber artist, Virginia A. Spiegel, notes, “When I founded Fiberart For A Cause (FFAC) in 2005, my goal was to raise $90. We have now donated over $135,000. A great deal of our success is due to the personal involvement our honorary chair, Karey Bresenhan, Director of International Quilt Festival – Houston, Chicago, Long Beach.”

Fiberart For A Cause continues to raise money through annual fiber events such as the Invitation Reverse Auction of Fabulous Fiberart and Collage Mania as well as the online book, Art, Nature, Creativity, Life.

Spiegel fundraises for the American Cancer Society in honor of her father, a colon cancer survivor.

For more information, visit http://www.VirginiaSpiegel.com

I have to make my list of those pieces I want. I won't be in town and I know the emails will be flying when the time is right on Monday so I have to be prepared to get it all off immediately when the time comes! I have a few pieces that are listed on page 8 if you are so inclined.

My mother died from cancer, as have a number of friends. This is the one medical cause the I fully support!

Please join us!

To get all the information about how to buy the collages you would like, go to Collage Mania.

Just don't try to buy the pieces I want to buy!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Liz, I think I left a message, but had to do this log in stuff, so not sure if the original message left. Congrats on your PIQF invite. Sounds like you should be off to Cambria this weekend. I love the place. Have a safe trip, hope you have a fun class and we'll talk when you get home. Love, Rob