Thursday, April 16, 2009

Collage Mania is Coming

It's getting closer! Collage mania will soon be here! When the preview opens, I peruse the wonderful art work and pick out all the pieces I would like. Usually it ends up being about 10 pieces or so...this year may be harder as there are so many great ones in the group!

Then, I create a draft email and list all the pieces I want. Last year immediately upon the time to submit bids, I sent mine in and was able to get three of the ones I had asked for and was offered the opportunity to take another artist's work that I had wanted but not the piece I had first wanted so I really made out with four new pieces of art! Oops....I just told you my secret. I had been away from home teaching and I did not want to miss out on this opportunity.

So you don't get left out you can get all the information.


Collage Mania 2009
Collage Mania opens Tuesday May 5, 2009 with 383 collages donated by 161
artists. Preview of all the collages begins April 29.

100% of the proceeds go directly to the American Cancer Society through
Fiberart For A Cause. For all the details on how Collage Mania works and
how you can purchase an original, one-of-a-kind collage:

http://www.virginia spiegel.com/ CollageMania2009 .html



I have ten pieces donated which I have shown previously but will dig up again to show them to you so you can keep your eyes out for them!

Support the American Cancer Society through Collage Mania.



2 comments:

Michele said...

I can hardly wait till the 29th. Cant wait to see all the goodies being offered. So many talented artist. Maybe I'll be able to score one of yours Liz. Keep your fingers crossed.

Virginia@VirginiaSpiegel.com said...

Liz - Thanks for the post and the TEN collages. Only four days now until Collage Mania and I am very optimistic that it will be a VERY successful fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Our goal is $20,000 in three days!